- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 c. sliced onion
- 1/2 c. sliced celery
- 1/4 c. sliced bell pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 4 c. canned whole tomatoes with liquid, drained and chopped (reserve liquid)
- 2 c. cooked long-grain rice (hot)
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp. oregano leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb shelled shrimp
- 1/4 c fresh Italian parsley, divided
In 4 quart saucepan, heat oil; add onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook,
stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in reserved tomato liquid along with
remaining ingredients, except shrimp, parsley, and rice. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes. Stir in shrimp and 2
tablespoons parsley; continue cooking until shrimp turns pick, 5 to 8 minutes.
Remove and discard bay leaf. Arrange rice on platter and top with shrimp
mixture. Garnish with remaining parsley.